Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Growing Up Zombie.

As a child I was always told "Don't sit too close to the TV or you'll hurt your eyes!" Thinking back on it, maybe I should have been told "Hey, go play outside! They TV can't be your friend!"
I was allowed to watch basically anything I wanted. I watched the television shows with my parents after dinner. Hey! It was considered family time! I remember watching a lot of TV as a child. I would get home from dare care after school and my dad would put on Barney for me. I played outside a lot as a kid though too, and my parents made sure of that. I think they kept things pretty balanced for us. It's just that sometimes the TV was an easy babysitter while they were winding down from work.
I don't think what I watched as a child has really affected me or my habits today. I watch much less TV than my parents and I kind of despise TV. I know I watch a lot of movies, but I rarely mindlessly go through the channels looking for just about anything to watch. I like to get out and do things besides watch TV, and I think that's something I established on my own once I became a young adult.
After all, I am old enough to make my own decisions, aren't I!?

No comments:

Post a Comment