Tuesday, October 26, 2010

To vote, or not to vote!

 I'm torn. I know that voting really doesn't have a significance, but I would like to think it did. I want my vote to be counted, not be taken into consideration by some electoral college. So that leads me to the question. When I turn 18, will I vote? 
I might, probably for presidential elections, probably not for the more local stuff. I just feel that it doesn't really matter if I give my opinion. I know I should as a citizen and it's a "duty", but does it really count? 
In 2008 I would have voted for Obama, hands down. I was informed on his politics and he impressed me. He wanted to change things that I thought needed to be changed. McCain on the other hand, I was kind of biased towards him because he's a republican, but I looked into him and wasn't really impressed. I probably would have even voted in the election! Whoa! Did I hate McCain that much!?

No comments:

Post a Comment